Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ragging Is A Crime

Finally my university theory exams are over. And I can’t tell you the amount of relief. And I feel proud of myself on appearing with my best. It feels nice when you give your 100% no matter what the result is. At least you know that you did what you could do.

Went across a news in a newspaper few days back, in Kirorimal College of Delhi University, two students were expelled for ragging a junior in the hostel and one other was suspended for bringing that junior to the other two. Both guys are also facing double FIRs from the college and the parents of the victim. The victim student is said to be in a state of trauma and shock. Its sad to see, two careers getting ruined just for some quick and unnecessary fun. Why don’t we people take college management seriously when they ask us “not to do” a certain things?(ragging is one of them). Why do we feel so big in breaking rules?...okay breaking of rules is a different thing, but ragging in itself is a big crime as per the latest guidelines of supreme court and if found guilty, there is an enforced provision of an FIR from the college management. If this is not done then management faces the axe too. Rules have gone punitive and are no more mutually respectful. Hence it’s my humble request from all of you not to be part of any sort of “ragging” in or outside your college campus (or anywhere). Not even an intro. You’ll get to know your juniors by mutual interaction as the time passes. May be through fresher parties and all….

So enjoy and have fun with your juniors but don’t rag.

Suggest me some ideas on what you want me to write in my next post. I am blank now after exams and can’t think of any interesting topics to write on.

4 comments:

Aditi Jain said...

hmmm i guess u should right more bout ur relationship status ... ;) ...

i guess i know th secret.... ;)

The Jaipurite said...

hmm..i think there is not much to write on it..after my previous one..:P

Aditi Jain said...

hehe

:P

stuti narnolia said...

bandar pagal story...ya phir our threetogether jo kabhi success nahi hua..ya phir s ke baare me ...ye phir how shlould b ur life partner...i hv many more topics 4 u..pehle iyna likho...:P