Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day Of Class-XI


Well Aditi first of all stop criticizing yourself; your post ("Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life") is quite good.

And now moving ahead with my post; let me share the first day of class XI with you people. Few of you already know but for others it’s the first time that I am making it public. On first day of class-XI (July 2004), we were made to sit in makeshift classrooms because new rooms for science section were being constructed on the third floor of the school building.

In the make shift classrooms the first lecture (periods as we used to call them at that time) was of “Library”. We went there and came back. And guess who was waiting for us on the door of the classroom: Mr. B. K. Sharma (The Self Proclaimed “strict”-mathematics teacher). Though I respect him for his help during class XII when I needed support but academically I rate him 7 out of 10. He started with some famous dialogues of his to which we were alien as it was just the first day; and then he started teaching us “SETS”, the first chapter of our NCERT book. I was sitting on the first bench with my friend Abhishek Jain. New students were a little low on confidence and we made full use of it by horrifying them of some rules which never existed. Few of them were so scared that they bunked the “assembly” session to save themselves from being punished. :P

Well moving ahead with the class. B. K. Sir started the class with a simple question and he selected me for that (As I was sitting in front). He asked “select the SET of most beautiful girls from this class”. When I thought of class XI; I knew that it would be all about fun and masti all around but I wasn’t expecting this question from a senior mathematics teacher. He insisted me to answer. And I was like what the hell..??!!...

He then asked a girl to select a set of “most handsome boys” from the class. Only thought which came in my mind was that this man is “drunk”…he is gone crazy….next he’ll ask some one to propose a girl and ask for a date or something..but thankfully B. K. Sir stopped there only..and when both of us were looking at our classmates to answer the questions asked; he stopped us from looking behind and said “Beta, beauty cannot be defined in a set; only measurable quantities are counted in set theory”. Well of course I later realized that had I answered the question the way I thought it was to be answered I would definitely be hit by the remaining girls by their shoes (thankfully they couldn’t wear sandals in school):D

B. K. Sir kept haunting me with that question entire session; and kept reminding me of it occasionally; “Maine pehli class me ek bande se kaha tha to select a set of most beautiful girls of the class, and he gave me no answer.” This instance brings a small smile on my face every time I remember it.

This day only we were told that our physics teacher is a person who did his engineering from Bangalore and would join us in few days. Later it came out to be the biggest disappointment in form of Manu Dev Bharadwaj Sir. He was having the knowledge of engineering but had no idea of CBSE and pattern. Infact he made his question papers in complete engineering style; giving 4-5 questions and not following any blue print given by CBSE; he faced many complaints but I saved him many times just because he was good with me and gave me good marks. Sonia Bhansali mam was really good; in teaching she was 6/10 but was very supportive and experienced enough for being a chemistry teacher.

Another feather in the crown of first day was the MMWT class (Multimedia and Web Technology). Praveen sir (the IP teacher) was a little strict in his first class; while Ritu mam of MMWT was modest enough to announce that she will make her question papers from her class notes and also she started her class with HTML (simplest language in programming history: as per me). This resulted in a mass turn around. Nearly 40%-60% IP students switched over from IP to MMWT. Praveen sir was horrified as he didn’t know the reason behind this sudden wave of events.

English was given to Sarika Gaur mam who later came out to be my house master. In all XI was a fun class with a lot of bunks and duty sessions by DSWs (Deans Student Welfare). Though I still have some grudges with the DSWs for the series of events in class XII; but in XI they were cool enough to be mentioned in this blog.

6 comments:

Aditi Jain said...

hahahahah....set of most beautiful girls...huhu....hahahaha...set of most handsome boys....hahahahahaha

...oh am falling off my chair...

Aditi Jain said...

well BK sharma use to call me shaitaano ke sardar ... cuz i was th most silent creature existed in his class...
with fair marks..
he literally gave me 33 marks in 11th cuz he got idea tht i was bout to leave th school bcuz of coaching..
which was nt even true.
but thankfully my Math talent was recognized by th school whr i got admission.. n after getting some 54/60 marks in B.tech 1st yr.. some student of my clg went to him n reminded him of his deeds..
tht was my experience..with him....horrible..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stuti said...

it was too much interesting..i could nt control my laugh..how cld u remember such small small things...i cld remember the expression on ur face wen sir thrown that ques on u..
hope u wont 4get that set theory in ur entire life..ha ha..u musy hv included ur name in "set of most handsom boys"...ha ha...u forgot to tell that it was told to us that our classrum is designed in such a way that it wld b cool in summer n warm in winter..but as we experienced it was just opposite of that...n u know wt bk sir gave me 36/100 in all my exms..i think that he did nt checked my copies next time..
abhi tak i sometime use his that "gawar" word..
at last..great work by u..

The Jaipurite said...

well said stuti,,..obviously i ws a part of that set "of handsome boyz"...and ya those specially designed classrooms..which worked just the opposite...!!:D..they spent lacs of rupees on each room..all wasted..!!
and even i use words of his like "gawar"...and and use of "an" even before consonants...!!
e.g. this topic is "an" simplest one of all...!!
and his famous dialog:...abe oye tu meri baraat mein aya hai kya??.... for which he ws once scolded by principal mam in assembly..though she didn't take his name!!;)

Aditi Jain said...

hahaha,....even i use his GANWAAR word lot of times a day..since 11th std..