Monday, July 13, 2009

My Relationship Status [CENSORED AND UPDATED]

One day while I was surfing on a social networking site I received a friend request from a girl of my college. She was in a different unit and was one year junior to me. After initial rounds of formal chatting; we started discussing our relationship status. To my surprise she was deeply shocked when I told her that I was “single”. She thought I was trying to flirt. She later confirmed this as well. When I asked her why she thought that I was lying; she replied, “how can a third year engineering student with an “English-CBSE” kind of background be single? (These are not my views; she believed so). After a long debate I managed to make her accept as true that I was “actually” “single”. It’s been a long time since then but that chat has stunned me. Why is it expected of everyone to be “committed” on “time”?? After all, it was not for the first time that I was asked this question of why I was still single. Even kids of junior school levels have started dating now days!!

And then people reach to a conclusion: there must be some problem with this guy. He must be really immature or girls must not find him attractive at all. I don’t think either of the above is true though. Earlier even I used to think that I have no quality which a girl looks for in his “guy”. But this hypothesis of mine was rejected by my friends (girls) at several stages of life. Coming back to topic; I was told that my cool and calm nature was something to look for. The way I remain cool and calm, having nothing to do with the rest of the world, my self-dependency, not running after other girls like the rest of the boys do, my behavior and attitude towards friends; but I was also told that I must speak and express a little more than what I’ve been up to.

As life moved on, I decided that I won’t fall into a relationship until I was “mentally prepared” for it. It’s because of this reason that I am still single. Reason behind writing this post is that I am nearly tired of answering the question of being “single” till now. (most people don’t believe me when I say that I am single!!) The answer is natural and straightforward, “I am not yet geared up mentally for a committed relationship”. That’s it. And that I haven’t yet met my “princess”. I mean I liked a few, but most of them were already committed and hence I never got an opportunity of opening my cards properly. It has most of the times been a GAME OVER even before it could start.

And I am in no hurry. If it is written in my destiny, it’ll happen anyway. And if it’s not there; then there is no point going against the will of almighty. And all those people who monitor me regularly; know that I have never tried to fall into it. Because love is not forceful affair which can be controlled, rather it is like a cool breeze of faith which happens to flow at the most unexpected times and without any motive. And with what I have seen most of the times, with a most unexpected person around you. There has to be a “practical” path for such a journey and one can’t move only on the basis of pure and flowing emotions when it comes to making the “most important and crucial decision of your life”. I hope that air is clean now and that there is no confusion in your minds. :) Cheers!!

12 comments:

Aditi Jain said...

well its the exam time and as i had a lot of stress in my mind i coincidently saw the korner kafe community appearing at my home page......thru that i was able to read something that exactly matches my state of mind ....
people keep asking me why i am still single...and i had this answer in my mind but no words to express it..today i got those words...
thnks a lot anurag..

The Jaipurite said...

u're welcome aditi..thanx for ur wonderful comments all around the blog....!!..comments always encourage me to write more...

Aditi Jain said...

hehe..keep writing...u rock

Aditi Jain said...

hey hey wait...i guess i know this girl ...
;)

The Jaipurite said...

well...to be honest i don't think so...but yet..
let ur guess come...i am eager to know...!!:)

i've kept it really very safe...only she will come to know that its abt her...!!;)

Aditi Jain said...

ahem ahem....

may be thr is someone else who knows bout it then... ;)

lets have a chat sometime..i will try a wild guess...

hope its not just a GUESS

The Jaipurite said...

even i want to know your guess....may be you can mail it to me ...with ur reasons of guess...!!;)
or we'll hav a chat soon..!!

Aditi Jain said...

guess we shud hav a chat...

Aditi Jain said...

my guess was wrong...
;(

stuti narnolia said...

hii.wt to say..i hv no words to express..i m nt getting how u write ur feelings in such a different way..how u express??..its really womderful..u know wt..i learn lot 4m ur articles.abt life,,how things pass through our life.ur koener cafe discuss points which r very important..n wt i find is a person reading feels as its own one..i think u hv gifted this korner cafe to ur frnds which reflects them,,we can learn lot and improve ourselves,,even ur experience gives us lesson..hope ur discussion on antisocial elements wil contribue to society for its betterment..other beneficial part i think i can improve my english language, skills , offcourse new words and writing style..thanx anurag,u requested me no. of times to post comments otherwise i wld hv never come to this heaven of blogs which is priceless...

barkha jain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Jaipurite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.